Monday, February 20, 2006

Eye Doctor

Today we visited the Opthamologist. He was a very nice guy and I would definaely recommed him to anyone with children. I'm hoping we can visit him for our regular eye exams. Anyhow, all bets are off when you get Pj in an exam room and he did a really good job distracting him. He first said "He doesn't have any near sightedness, nor far sightedness. He doesn't have any astigmatism." And I breathed a sigh of relief. Then he told me PJ has allergies in his eyes. It could be to anything. Pet dander, pollen, mold, smoke, dust.... He said Pj had some irritaion and water in the eyes and that he was probably attempting to itch them since he could not bring his hands to his face. He seemed kind of interested in Pj and asked "What do they call that syndrome?" Almost in a tone, like he knew but just forgot. I told him Arthrogryposis and he shut right up. He commented on how good Pj walked and I told him he was born with severe bilateral club feet. He seemed very surprised. Anyway he advised us to try an over the counter product called Similisan and also gave a prescription for Pantenol or whatever eye drop was on our formulary. He seemed like such a great doctor. I wish he could be my eye doctor, but he specialized in pediatrics. Anyway I'm sooo happy Pj does not have to be in glasses and we've finally figured out what the squinty face it!

No comments: