Friday, December 21, 2007

!Elbow & Shoulder Action!


So I sit, dressing my "little toy soldier" (that is what I called him the first year he was born, his arms were soo tight and straight down to his sides like a little toy soldier) and starting a new stretch the surgeron had told me I could start on his arm that had surgery back in August. I know I've mentioned the unintentional benefit of losening his entire arm. Well now he can lay on his back, raise his arm as high as he can, then gently relax his elbow. This allows him to passively touch his face laying down. Well the stretch part comes in once he's passively bent his elbow I take it and gently bring it over to the side and down toward the couch/bed/whatever surface. Thus the picture. When I'm actually doing it and not taking a picture it looks more like a right angle. I just had to share this pic because when he was born, and even into the last couple years there was absolutely NO WAY I could even imagine his arm up out and away from his body with him as an active participant. Sorry I just had to share my joy in this new found position.
P.S.- Never realized I had all these shirtless pictures of PJ. HAHAHA Now that we are done with the upper extrem. surgeries maybe I'll post some fully clothed shots!

No comments: